B1/B2 Visa

B1/B2 Visa

The B-1 classification is for those who wish to enter the U.S. for business purposes such as to:

  • Engage in commercial transactions that do not involve gainful employment in the U.S.
  • Negotiate contracts.
  • Consult with business associates.
  • Litigate.
  • Participate in scientific, educational, professional or business conventions, conferences or seminars.
  • Undertake independent research.

The B-2 classification is for those who intend to conduct "legitimate activities of a recreational character, including tourism, amusement, visits with friends or relatives, rest, medical treatment and activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature. A consular officer will determine the visa category you will need based on the purpose of your travel, and your supporting documentation.


Immigration law is very complicated, and you may not be familiar with all of your immigration options. The Normandy Law Group has attorneys and lawyers in major metropolitan areas, including New York, Chicago, New Jersey, Charlotte, Los Angeles, to counsel on your immigration options.

Our job is to ensure that you will be in the best position to make decisions about your immigration.  

Call our toll free number (877) 670-5744 or email us for a free consultation.